The Ohio Environmental Council (OEC) seeks a Scenic River Fellow to assist with the OEC's scenic river work. The Fellow will work with the Ohio Department of Natural Resources in Central Ohio to assist in holding Stream Quality Monitoring (SQM) trainings, training volunteers on SQM, collecting data on scenic rivers, and entering in data into the water quality monitoring database.
- Assist Scenic River Coordinators plan and implement Stream Quality Monitoring (SQM) trainings
- Collect data using SQM on streams around the state
- Enter past SQM data into the Ohio EPA's water quality monitoring database
- Possibly train volunteers how to collect data using SQM
- Biology background in aquatic entomology and knowledge of macro-invertebrates preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and flexible
Hours and Compensation
The Fellow will work at least 10 hours per week. The schedule will be flexible depending on the Fellow’s availability and agency needs. Extension of the fellowship at reduced hours and compensation is possible. The Fellow will receive a $500 stipend for their work at the completion of the summer program.
About the OEC
The Ohio Environmental Council is the state's most comprehensive, effective and respected environmental advocate for a healthier, more sustainable Ohio. Our experts work daily to restore, protect, and strengthen the quality of life for families and communities — from the air we breathe and the water we drink to the food we eat and natural resources we enjoy. Find out more at www.theOEC.org.
The OEC is committed to inclusion and diversity. We seek to hire staff that reflects the diverse communities and perspectives that comprise Ohio. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.
The OEC prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran's status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
How to Apply
Send your resume to Careers@theOEC.org with “Scenic Rivers Fellow” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.