The Toledo Metropolitan Area Council of Governments (TMACOG) is seeking a motivated individual for work in its Water Quality Department. This is a temporary position requiring coordination of work with other staff for the TMACOG’s Student Watershed Watch (SWW), the Stormwater Program, and grant-funded projects.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide on-site/in-stream water quality testing support to teachers and students
- Ordering water quality testing supplies
- Assist with designing and ordering program T-Shirts
- Compile water quality testing data
- Work with TMACOG communications department to update SWW webpage
- Maintain SWW Social Media
- Provide logistical support to a student conference (SWW Summit)
- Work with Water Quality Planner to secure speakers for SWW Summit
- Work with TMACOG staff to write summary report of 2017 program successes
- Provide support to the Stormwater Program and other projects as needed
- Strong ability to coordinate multiple activities
- Strong ability to plan ahead to meet firm deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of water quality issues affecting northwest Ohio
- Knowledge of water quality sampling techniques
- Ability to communicate a message through web-sites and social media
- Ability to work outdoors in rough terrain and in the stream
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Good knowledge MS Office
- Applicant must be at least 18 and must have completed coursework toward a degree in environmental sciences or a related field.
- Applicant must be legally able to work in the U.S.
- Employment is contingent upon drug screening and background check at time of offer
- Must be able to work an average of 16-20 hours per week from September 2017 through June 2018.
- Must have driver’s license and access to personal vehicle for travel in the TMACOG region (mileage reimbursed)
Hourly wage $12-$14, commensurate with experience
Please send resume to Kari Gerwin at email@example.com.
Position open until filled