Informed people create better communities. What's even better is when people - like you - take action at the local, state, and national level to improve your community and environment.
As a council, we strive to provide the Ohio environmental community with the tools and resources it needs to build a greener, and more prosperous Ohio. Below you'll find a variety of resources and guides for building support for your cause and using your voice to make a difference.
Here are tips and ideas on how to:
- Lobby: a Checklist
- Write to Lawmakers
- Call Lawmakers
- Meet with Lawmakers
- How to Prepare and Give Testimony
- Submit comments on state agency rules
- Write a Letter to the Editor
- Ohio General Assembly. Locate your legislator, view session calendars, and find bill text, analysis, and status reports of legislation, committee members and meetings.
- Ohio Governor's Office
- Legislative Service Commission. Information on the legislative process, Ohio’s biennial budget, bill analysis, and issue briefs.
- Ohio Revised Code and Ohio Administrative Code. Search the Ohio Revised Code and Administrative Code which contain all agency rules and regulations.
- Ohio Office of Budget and Management. Information on Ohio’s biennial budget.
- Public Utilities Commission of Ohio. Information on electric cases, Ohio Power Siting Board, renewable energy and efficiency.
- Ohio Environmental Protection Agency
- Ohio Department of Natural Resources
- Ohio State Agencies. Contact information for all state agencies.
Environmental Advocacy Day
Another way to lobby effectively is to join the OEC and our partners every spring for Environmental Advocacy Day.
Through formal meetings and casual conversations over meals, citizen-advocates (like you) across Ohio discuss important environmental-conservation issues directly with lawmakers and state agency representatives.
To learn more about lobbying or contacting your elected officials, please contact us at OEC@theOEC.org or (614) 487-7506.