Bequests & Other Planned Gifts
Including a bequest or other gift to the Ohio Environmental Council in your Will or Living Trust is a surprisingly easy way to leave a legacy of a greener environment for future generations, while also meeting personal financial objectives.
Your bequest gives you the opportunity to:
- make a lasting imprint on the health of Ohio's environment;
- contribute to the OEC's financial and programmatic growth;
- keep your assets available to you during your lifetime;
- give more freely than you might have been able to during your lifetime; and
- potentially reduce tax on your estate.
To include the OEC in your new or updated Will, simply include the following sample language:
"I give, devise, and bequeath to the Ohio Environmental Council, a nonprofit corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of Ohio, with a tax identification number of 31-0805578, the sum of $___ dollars [or otherwise describe the gift or assets] for its general purposes and use at the discretion of the OEC’s Board of Directors."
If you have already designated the OEC as a beneficiary in your will or trust, then thank you! Please let us know so that we can enroll you in the OEC Legacy Club and discuss how you'd like your gift to be used.
Contact us at LegacyClub@theOEC.org or (614) 487-7506 to ask questions about adding the OEC to your Will or estate plans, to inform us of a bequest already planned, or with any questions.
OEC's Legacy Club Benefits
The Ohio Environmental Council created the Legacy Club to recognize those that have generously chosen to support Ohio's environment by including a gift to the OEC such as in a will or by developing a life income gift, such as a charitable remainder trust.
Benefits of OEC's Legacy Club:
- Lifetime membership to the Ohio Environmental Council.
- A dozen hardwood trees planted in your honor in the Wayne National Forest.
- Free admission to OEC events including Environmental Advocacy Day and the Green Gala.
- Special recognition at OEC events and in the Greenwatch newsletter.
We invite you to learn more about these planned gifts in our booklet, Giving Options & Tax Saving Ideas (pdf), or online:
We'll help you find the giving method that's right for you. For more information, contact the OEC at LegacyClub@theOEC.org or (614) 487-7506.
Please note that while the Ohio Environmental Council makes every effort to give you accurate information, you should also consult your trusted professionals for legal, financial, insurance, or estate planning advice. The OEC staff are not engaged in rendering legal, accounting, or other professional services.
Exceptional Fiscal Responsibility
Charity Navigator, America's largest independent evaluator of charities, has awarded the Ohio Environmental Council the highest rating for fiscal health for nine years in a row, placing the OEC in the top 1% of all charities nationwide.