The photo contest has officially ended. Click here to see the winners gallery.
Ohio is more than just cornfields and cows (Though, they can be striking too).
What do you see when you look into the heart of it all? Capture Ohio's natural beauty through your point of view for a chance to have your photo used on our website and other marketing materials, win tickets to our Green Gala, and a one-year membership with the Ohio Environmental Council.
There are two general categories, "Our Ohio" and "People in Nature." The contest runs until October 3, 2014. Check out the Storify at the bottom of this page for some of the contest entries.
PHOTO CONTEST RULES
- My Ohio
- People in Nature
Plus a Fan Favorite – vote here.
- There is no fee to submit entries.
- The subject(s) in the photograph must be physically located within the state of Ohio.
- The photos must contain some element of nature in them, i.e. the photo can be of buildings and Ohio's built environment, but it must also include some element of Ohio’s natural state as well.
- Photographs will be judged on originality, technical excellence, artistic merit, and how well they embody the theme of the category entered. All decisions by the judges are final and binding.
There will be a total of seven contest winners. Each category will have one Winner and two Runners-Up. A “Fan Favorite” will be chosen from the Excellence winners via voting on the OEC’s Facebook page. Winning photos will be displayed at the OEC’s Green Gala and on the OEC website, as well as in publicity materials.
- Winners in each category receive two tickets to the OEC's Green Gala and a one-year OEC membership.
- Runners-up in each category receive one ticket to the OEC's Green Gala and a one-year OEC membership.
- Fan Favorite receives one ticket to the OEC's Green Gala and a one-year OEC membership.
- Additional prizes may be announced during the contest.
- Color and black/white photos are both accepted.
- Only digital photos will be considered for this contest.
- All photos must be jpg or tiff file formats.
- Each photo file should not exceed 3mb in size.
- All entries are due with Entry Form & Waiver by 11:59 p.m. EST, October 3, 2014.
- The Ohio Environmental Council takes no responsibility for any hardware or software malfunctions that delay a submission.
- Photos should have been taken no earlier than October 1, 2013.
- You may NOT submit any photograph that has been previously submitted to an OEC Photo Contest.
- All photographers must be Ohio residents aged 13 and older.
- All photographers must complete/sign an Entry Form & Waiver.
- Photographers under the age of 18 MUST have a parent or guardian sign the Entry Form & Waiver.
- OEC employees, Board of Directors, and their families are not eligible to enter.
While we're not limiting the amount of entries, please keep in mind that we value quality more than quantity. Please only submit your best photos!
- Upload your photo to Instagram and tag the photo with #Our_Ohio
- Complete an Entry Form & Waiver
- Upload your photo to facebook and include #Our_Ohio in the photo description.
- Tag the photo with The Ohio Environmental Council.
- Complete an Entry Form and Waiver
Through our website
- Name each photo with a title and your last name.
- Complete an Entry Form & Waiver
The deadline for all submissions is 11:59 p.m. EST, October 3, 2014
Contact us at PhotoContest@theOEC.org or (614) 487-7506.